Monday, October 29, 2007

grey grey uppsala

No update for a while, less excitement in my days. Much laziness broken up by long fast bike rides and long walks. Never been a very good traditional tourist, seenin the sites. Everyday i pick a direction and take off biking. Its been great to get out again on the road bike and blur past everything. My knee is well enough that i can stand up and really push to get up to speed. Rolling with traffic has been strange (it constantly changes where you are supposed to be riding, on the road, on the sidewalk, every street is different) and the last few months of no cardio has taken its toll. So far no cars will let me draft them, they speed up as soon as i tuck in.



I made some bread; the first, from scratch, i have ever made without the use of a machine. Turned out very good, even though i didnt have any measuring devices. More will come from the baking department.



There has been a constant gloom in hold over uppsala. Grey sky, drizzily rain, and uhhh other dismal things. I sit and stare alot, not knowing what to do with myself. I am reconsidering my rail travel to see more of europe, fearing the loneliness it may bring. I am looking forward to getting into portland. Dont know if i mentioned it to everyone before, when i leave here i will be headed to the big OR to stay with my cousin Christina/husband Ian and new baby.



It will be nice to have the change of scenery. Many of my closest friends have left fairbanks and a few key players have moved to portland. Sorry fairbanks folk, nothin but love for you. Fairbanks will always be home, but the winter is no place for a lonely guy. And the idea of dealing with moving into a new place in the winter doesnt sound fun.



So what am i going to do in portland? Good question. Start a new. Find a job as fast as i can. Ride my bike. Figure out how to get my other bikes down there. And the big one, figure out what i want to do with my life and go into action. Standing at a cross road for too long, waiting for something to lead me. I need to be the desider of my fate, take control of it all. Time to find that spark i lost.



L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have just recently started to read your blog. My first blog experience, I'm really enjoying your updates Lyle. I can't imagine how you baked! Don't leave us hanging too long. Good to hear about your knee, was wondering about that. Dave B. Eagle River