Thursday, November 1, 2007

Living the Farm Life

Yesterday was sunny, finally. Its amazing how much the weather affects my mood. Portland what are you gonna do to me?

Life on the farm has been great. I wake when the sun rises and start my day. Baking to be done, dishes, cutting wood for the stove, ahhhh. Music playing as i do the inside chores. Its good to not feel rushed and yet have things to do.

In the evenings Sandra (her place) and i make dinner. Thus far the quality has been high, quantity as well. Although i pushed the quality standard with the purchase of this large tube of meet. I found out it was basically a giant hot dog, but Sandra saved the day by slicing it up and stuffing it with apple, onion and cheese. Nothing could be done about the salt content.

The country roads are perfect for biking and few cars roll down em.

I sit out on the patio and stare out over the expansive farms. I watch the neighbor's dog, old and tired, move from resting spot to resting spot. Mind is at ease away from the hectic people filled city. The sea of blond hair and black coats.

My plans for the not too distant future, next thursday maybe, are to head back to karlstad. I stayed there with a large group of people that were very friendly. None of them seemed to have regular jobs, it would be nice to have some people to hang out with. Although i have been enjoying my alone time on the farm.

Days are sunnier
in my mind
if not the sky

L

5 comments:

cindy* said...

The farm sounds wonderful! Hope you have many sunny days to soak in and continue to learn the art of breadmaking and baking. It sounds like a great place to be centered right now! Wish we could visit you there. May God Bless and keep you Lyle, oh and thanks for keeping us updated to your whereabouts! Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

Lyle, Dave is sharing your blog with me and I think it is so awesome you are doing this. You write very well, its interesting reading, like a book on line, only we personally know the character in the book! Safe travels Lyle.

Jay

Unknown said...

Hey Lyle!
Nice that you are able to stay at Sandra's.Sounds like a good place to ponder life.Your writing is wonderful, and is great to follow your "journey." Be good,be careful,and of course...have fun!chris.

Anonymous said...

How can you have fun if you are being good and careful?

Anonymous said...

You write very well.