Monday, October 8, 2007

Big city blues


Felt a great need to leave the big city. So many people around just made me lonely. Weird that sleeping in a tent, alone, next to a lake i feel less lonely.

So after kaffe and a pastrie i got on the metro to get out of town. Couldnt figure out how to pay for the metro, so i didnt and road to the end of town for free. Sorry swedes. I got out in the middle of a neighborhood and couldnt find my way out for some time. Finally i made it to a highway, any highway would do. The high way headed to Karlstad, Karlstad it is. Found a good spot to stick out the thumb and someone stopped pretty much as soon as i did. I'm getting really good at this, i thought.

Barboro was on her way to work. She worked in a town on my way, as a child physiologist. Exactly what i was in need of. She was incredibly open for what i have come to expect from the average swede (not that i know that much from personal experience, but summing together others). We each plunged into sharing the personal challenges we were going through, it was great. She hit a bird while texting, a moment of silence for the magpie off to another life and we were right back into the matters at hand. By far one of the best conversations i've had since i arrived, sorry uppsala fokes.

She gave me a map of the town she dropped me at and her phone number if i was back in göteborg (gothenburg). Which i will probably be back, because Bone Thugs and Harmony is playing there October 14th. Ahh Yeah.

Ate some meatballs and mash, sat in the sun and now i feel my soul letting in wind (not my line, stolen). Its time to head out to the road and a little north for the night.

Things are looking up
the sun is out
and the road is calling

L

2 comments:

Lena said...

love the blog, lyle, you're a good writer. i had extraordinary experiences hitching in a variety countries, but a few rides proved to be super sketch. my suggestion is to LISTEN TO YOUR INSTINCT - if you feel weird about anyone who stops, just don't get in! make up whatever excuse - you need a cigarette, you decided to go the other way... have fun, be safe, keep writing, photos? love lena

Cindy* said...

Hi Lyle thank you for sharing your travels with all of us. Lena has some good advice for you and I know you will heed it. Also try to keep warm and dry and have a supply of protien in your pack. Oh and don't forget to drink plenty of water. You are not alone and I hope you realize that. God Bless you Lyle!
I Love you, Aunt Cindy*