Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Back ta Uppsala

Made it back to uppsala this morning. A guy from Austria drove 60km out of his way to drop me off, he had the time and his work was paying for the rental/gas. He complained about everything and i just said "yeah well what do you do".

The trip here was great, let see... Started off with the good deed of buying some kid some cigarettes. He wandered up to my while i had my thumb out. Talked a while about his sporty motorcycle. He was about 16 years old i guess. I was wondering 'why is this kid talking to me' but, hey it was nice to talk with someone. Then he asked, saying the gas station wouldnt sell them to him. I thought it over not really wanting to, but then felt for the kid, i've been there too. "Hey mister" is a brave game to play. So i bought his cigarettes and he bought me coffee. My good deed for the day done, i got picked up soon after that. A guy in a little car, towing a trailer that was totally loaded down with stone shingles. He said he picked me up to have more weight in the car. We traveled up and down big hills, in what was to be the most beautiful area i had been. If we had to emergency brake at ant moment, the car was sure to jack knife and throw us off.

Got a late night ride and camped. Should have saved the drive for the day, but i was on my mad push back to my bike.

Got a ride with several people driving to work, interesting to see that side of things. Got a ride from: a phone company worker, some hotel worker off to buy booz for the hotel, a gynecologist, a diver, some tile installers, carpenters, a couple nurses, a combustion engineer/scientist, and yeah that all i can think of now.

Ok loosing steam, and really after leaving that road, nothing much happened. Got alot of rides, camped just off the side of the road.

I had this crazy gut bomb of a dinner last night. Two hot dogs on mash potatoes, all covered in shrimp salad. Not too bad, really.

OK well, ima update the photos after this.

yeah
more later
L

No comments: