Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Rollin on into Oslo

Ok, so after quite a few days of no contact, I will try to catch you all up.

Stayed a night in Åmål again, not that exciting, a nice camp area in the down town.

Met up with Ranil the next day in Trollhatten. Couldnt get a ride on the thumb, so defeated i took a train. It was fast and nice, fairly in expensive.

Ranil took me on a personal tour of the Saab museum. I got to see the back room of cars, they were mostly covered and stored. After that we went to a dealership and got the fastest car they had. 250hp on a rainy day. I drove around town and into the country, it wasnt that exciting. Till Ranil took the wheel to show me what it could really do. Holy crap, he drove at the edge of the limit for the car, it was great. We got up to 240km/h about 150mph down this skinny wet country road. Talking later i found out part of Ranil's job is test driving cars and he has raced some in his life, i was amazed at his driving ability.

We parted and i tried to head out of town toward the west coast, walked out of town the wrong way. But, i found a tiger salimander on the way and that totally made my day, sadly better than the car ride. Got a ride back through town and out to the other side of town. It was dark so i called it a day and stomped off into the woods. I scared some deer that were bedded down next to where i was settling. I said sorry and put up my test.

The next day i got a ride right away and the guy didnt drop me off at my exit (a miss communication) and took me to a town i didnt want to go. Oh well, i got some kaffe and a kannabulla (cinimon roll like thing). Stood in that town waiting forever. Finally a cute girl drove past me in a red sports car, then i saw her turn around and headed back around to pick me up. She dropped me at a main highway, where i stood in the rain for hours trying to get to oslo. Could get one so took off following a sign that i thought would lead to a town and a bathroom. Walked for oh.. 10-15 miles in a big loop. Waited again in the same spot, gave up and decided to head to a small town that was closer.

A nice new mercedes stopped, a sweet elderly couple up front. Turns out i was totally no where i thought i was, so they drove me to where i thought i was. They totally washed away all the frustration of the day. I bought some food and got some fast food (sadly all that was there). And walked back out to the road. A bus came that was going to the town i was headed. Randomly got off at a stop in the town, walked down a bike path and found the greatest little camp area and beach. It was surrounded by high rocks and totally separated from town. I sat up my tent and tried to start a fire in the fire pit, no go everything was wet. As i settled down to sleep, the wind picked up and my tent fell on me. So i pulled all the stakes, threw the whole tent load over my shoulder and took off to a more protected area.

Today, Finaly, i stood and waited for a ride forever. A swedish guy in leather cowboy hat pulled over and rolled down his window, asked where i was headed, i told him oslo. I asked how far he was headed he said just a ways up the road, so i said that will work. As i moved to open his back door and throw my bag in, he drove off. I dont think he quite understood me, oh well about an hour after that a guy from chile stopped for me. He drove me to a truck stop. I got a ride from a finish trucker to oslo. Now im here, i got an expensive bed in a hostel. Im sitting in this expensive internet shop hoping the guys in my room arnt divying out my stuff. Luckily my whole bag rather smells from being wet on and off for a week and a half.

Ok well, thats all i got, im tired
the bed calls
more tomorrow
ug
L

No comments: